Welcome to Collinwood Grape Company
Chilean grapes and juice will be available beginning in April and continuing throughout May. The growing areas of Chile where we will be sourcing the grapes, are considered the best Chile has available. The best quality is grown from around Santiago and south, including the famous Colchagua, Cachapoal, Maipo, and Maule Valleys. These growing areas are very similar to the best AVAs in the US. Bordered by the Andes Mountains to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west, the existence of micro climates due to mountain ranges and ocean breezes, have a similar climate to the famed Napa / Sonoma Counties of California.
Our grapes will be refrigerated and shipped in small containers to avoid any crushing of grapes to assure they will arrive in perfect condition. We expect the brix to be in the 23 to 24 range, with optimum acid and PH balance. The extended growing season as well as the differential in daytime and nighttime temperatures, assures us of the best flavor and color. We will have the best varieties that Chile has to offer including Cabernet Sauvignon, Carmenere, and Malbec. We have also included many other varieties that have been proven to put Chilean wines alongside the best the US, Italy, and France have to offer.
|RED CHILEAN GRAPES 2015
||WHITE CHILEAN GRAPES 2015
Listan Prieto (Pais) **
** Just a note on the Listan Prieto, also known in Chile as PAIS. First brought over in the 1700's by Spanish Jesuits, we will have the grapes from these vines that are well over 350 years old. For those fans of OLD VINE, this will be some of the best ever.
|GRAPE AND JUICE INFORMATION
- Sangiovese (Brunello Clone grown at 3.5 tons/acre Hillside | 1,700 ft.
- Zinfandel (limited production of 3.5 tons/Hillside)
- Cabernet Sauvignon (limited production hillside | 1,900 ft, elevation)
- Cabernet Sauvignon (Hillside | 3,000 ft.
- Petite Verdot (Hillside | 2,800 ft. elevation)
- Cabernet Franc (Head pruned, limited production- 3 ton acre)
- Mouvedre (2.5 ton/acre)
LAKE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA
- Cabernet Sauvignon Mountainside - Volcanic soil very well drained,
noted for small berries and very concentrated flavors
Central Coast Paso Robles
- Petite Verdot, Petite Sirah,
- Pinot Noir
White Grapes and Juice -
Lake County, CA
Clear Lake - Noted for cool climate whites just 15 miles above
- Sauvignon Blanc,
Viognier, Chardonnay, Muscat Canelli, Riesling
- Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Gewurztraminer, Chardonnay, Viognier, Pinot Grigio Juice only Columbia Valley - noted for COOL climate whites
- Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay Juice only
- Cabernet Sauvigon (Cloverdale benchland | 4 ton/acre)
- Zinfandel Hillside 2.5 tons/acre
- Merlot Hillside 2.0 tons/acre
- Syrah Hillside 2.3 tons/acre
- Sangiovese Sangiovese Brunello Clone limited production per acre
- Montepuliciano head pruned, limited production
- Zinfandel ( 102 year old) 1.5 tons/acre
- Merlot --Petit Sirah
Chardonnay cool climate benchland
Pinot Noir cool climate
- Cabernet Sauvignon above Glen Ellen 800 ft. above sea level east side of mountain - dry farmed, very small berry,
very concentrated flavors
- Pinot Noir benchland in the Russian river - Valley volcanic loam soil, well drained drip irrigation late summer - Pommard Clone 4; much cooler than on the mountain due to the Russian River
- Zinfandel Glen Ellen 10 mi. south of Santa Rosa 3.5 tons/acre
Other varieties to be announced, please call for pricing as the harvest continues.
Contact us for special purchases.
It's GRAPE News
California and Italian juice and grapes 2015 will be available soon.
Click on the lists below to view available grapes and prices.
CHILEAN JUICE & GRAPES
CALIFORNIA JUICE PRICES
ITALIAN JUICE PRICES
DOWNLOAD ORDER FORM
Your order can be faxed to us at 216.451.8698.